What is a registered migration agent?

A Registered Migration Agent (RMA) is a person who is professionally trained to assist clients in their migration endeavours. RMAs don't work for the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).

RMAs are bound by the Code of Conduct.

The authority that regulates RMAs in Australia is the MARA (Migration Agents Registration Authority – see www.mara.gov.au).

Northern Immigration Australia (NIA) is registered under the Migration Agent Registration Number (MARN) 1678604. Check out our registration details here.

Why use a registered migration agent?

Registered Migration Agents (RMA) are bound by the MARA code of conduct.

That means they have to work for their clients' best interest, and always act ethically andprofessionally.

RMAs who breach the code of conduct or act in a way that is not in the best interest of their clients are disciplined by the MARA, for instance suspension or cancellation of registration.

Do you work for the Department of Home Affairs?

No, there is no affiliation with the Department. Registered Migration Agents (RMAs) are professionals that usually work for a private business.

RMAs are bound by confidentiality. At Northern Immigration Australia it is our top priority to always act in the best interest of our clients.

I do not live in Australia, can I still use your services?

Our offices are based in Darwin, Northern Territory, as well as Brisbane, Queensland - Australia. However, there is no need for you to be in Australia for us to assist you with your visa or recruitment needs. There are a variety of visas which are especially for people who are located outside of Australia. There is no disadvantage.

In fact, most of our clients do not live in Australia. We are able to communicate with you by Skype, telephone and email.

I don't speak English very well. How can I communicate with you?

Most agents and recruiters at Northern Immigration Australia (NIA) are from overseas and speak English as their second or third language. At NIA we speak German, French, Spanish and Norwegian.

Migration law can be complicated and it is important to us that our clients understand the processes regarding their visa requirements. Therefore, the NIA website has a language tool incorporated which translates in your language.

Additionally, we can organise an interpreter for you.

Is your service only for Northern Australia?

Our visa services are for the whole of Australia. So if you would like to live in Sydney, Melbourne or elsewhere in Australia we can assist you with your migration process.

How much does your service cost?

Migration Law is complex and changes frequently. Your fee will depend upon your circumstances and complexity of your case. For example, the length of time involved in gathering information and preparing a decision-ready application. It will also depend upon the number of applicants (e.g. family members) and the type of visa you are applying for.

Our services fees are fair and reasonable and are around the market average for Registered Migration Agents (RMAs). At Northern Immigration Australia (NIA) we are flexible and you can pay your fees in instalments.

How can I pay?

We accept direct deposits by bank transfer or credit card payments (Mastercard or Visa) via IVR payment. Please note, credit card payments are subject to 1.8% surcharge.

Do you want a great work-life balance?

Talk to one of our experienced Registered Migration Agents today!