Partner Visa – how we can help you!

The Partner Visa is part of the Family Migration Stream. Australian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor partners for migration to Australia. To sponsor a partner, you must either be married, in a de facto relationship, have a registered relationship or be engaged. You can be inside or outside of Australia.

A partner visa is a two stage process; first you and your partner have to apply for a temporary visa and after two years you can apply for a permanent visa. Sometimes this time can be shortened, e.g. long-term relationships, children, etc.

Both your partner and you have to complete applications: you as the applicant and your partner as the sponsor (the person who is the Australian citizen/permanent resident).

Northern Immigration Australia offers a comprehensive service which includes the following:

  • we assess your eligibility
  • we explain the visa requirements and conditions
  • we explain the obligations and rights for both, sponsor as well as applicant
  • we send you a list of all the documents and evidence we require for the application from both of you
  • we provide assistance in writing statements
  • we complete both applications, sponsor as well as applicant
  • we write additional submissions if required
  • we make sure that everything (application, documentation and submissions) is meeting the standards of the Department of Immigration
  • we provide you with guidance and assistance along the way through ongoing communication and advice
  • we deal with all enquiries from the Department of Immigration and respond on your behalf (with your consent)

The visa application process can be time consuming, stressful and overwhelming. Engaging Northern Immigration Australia as migration agents means that you can relax and trust the experts. We tell you everything you need to know and give you clear instructions what information and documents we need from you to make a successful application.

At Northern Immigration Australia we have a 100% success rate with our visa applications. Contact us now and get a free quote!

Facebook Comment


  1. Tangie on November 16, 2016 at 10:13 pm

    My partner is Australian and we are thinking of applying for the partner visa. We have been together for 12 months but we haven’t lived together. Is this a problem? Thank you.

    • Manuela Seiberth on November 17, 2016 at 8:16 am

      Hi Tangie,
      Thanks for your question. There are certain requirements for the partner visa, but the Department of Immigration and Border Protection also makes exemptions. You can book a consultation with our family migration specialist who can explain the details to you. We offer consultations by phone, Skype, email and face to face (in Darwin).
      Send us an email to or call +61879039166 and we can make an appointment for you!

  2. Peter Heyne on March 13, 2017 at 6:59 pm

    hallo und guten Tag,ich bin gerade Rentner geworden und möchte zu meiner Familie,Tochter,Schwiegersohn und Enkel,die seit 11 Jahren in Sydney lebt und im April 2017 die australische Staatsbürgerschaft erhalten,von Deutschland umsiedeln.Meine Frage ist:gibt es Möglichkeiten und wenn ja,welche,dies zu tun?Über eine Antwort würde ich mich sehr freuen.Vielen Dank im voraus!LG Peter Heyne

    • Manuela Seiberth on March 13, 2017 at 7:21 pm

      Hallo Peter, schoen von Ihnen zu hoeren. Es gibt ein Elternvisum das eventuell fuer Sie in Frage kommt. Sie koennen gerne eine Beratung mit uns buchen und wir erklaeren Ihnen alles ausfuehrlich.
      Bitte kontaktieren Sie unser Buero via Email um einen Termin zu vereinbaren:
      Die Beratung kann per Telefon, Skype oder Email stattfinden. Alternativ koennen wir auch mit Ihrer Tochter sprechen, bzw. eine Telefonkonferenz zu dritt durchfuehren.
      Wir freuen uns von Ihnen zu hoeren!

  3. Meraia Sitiveni on June 15, 2021 at 1:27 pm

    Good Day!
    Do we need to pay for the consultation if we book for one or is it free?

Leave a Comment